Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tolumnia Genting Orange bloomed continuously for 3 months

Decapitated orchid blooms

     I was really excited about posting today that the third round of blooms on my Tolumnia Genting Orange were finally open.  But the cat got to them before I did.  I set the orchid to soak in the watering basin, went to make my breakfast coffee, and came back to find all the flowers floating in the water.

     As it stand, my Tolumnia Genting Orange bloomed continuously since May 29--almost 3 months of blooming.  If these flowers had survived, they would have lasted at least a month more.

1 comment:

  1. Well, cat just lives up to his name - Shkoda. You'd be better off naming him Umniza(or something along that line).
    Flowers are beautiful still and look enchanting floating in the water.

    ReplyDelete