Friday, April 5, 2013

Repotting Phalaenopsis Memoria Audrey Meldman 'Mendenhal'

Phalaenopsis Memoria Audrey Meldman 'Mendenhal' in bud (04/05/13)
 
     After the disastrous root loss on my Dtps Yu Pin Burgundy, I carefully the examined the rest of my pants for any signs of trouble.  Most of the orchids were perfectly fine, but I noticed a hint of rot on my Phal. Memora Audrey Meldman. 
 
Phalaenopsis roots before and after trimming
 
       Fortunately, I caught the problem quickly, and most of the roots remained healthy.  I really think that the cause of this root loss is not bacterial or fungal in nature, but rather caused by too-cold nighttime temperatures.  If I am right, then I should have no more root issues now that Spring is coming.
 
     I repotted the phal on 03/14/13.  The orchid remains healthy looking today, and is working on a singular flower bud.  I managed to snap off an earlier flower bud a couple months ago, so I am trying to be extra careful in handling the orchid so as not to damage this one.    


No comments:

Post a Comment